Saturday, February 10, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith

I am wondering...why? am I wasting time and energy on here writing about Anna Nicole Smith? I guess because her sudden death and seeing the hours of media coverage of her life are so sad. What a waste.

In one clip she talks about how as a girl she passed a bar that had a neon sign blinking in front of it. It was the figure of a woman, topless, alternating sensual poses. ANS told herself at that time that that was what she wanted to be when she grew up!*! WHY would anyone want to be that when they grew up? Where were her goals? REAL goals? Worthy goals? Where was her sense of right and wrong? I don't think you can excuse this on low self-esteem or no respect for herself. This will come across judgmental I am sure. I think it's just really what she wanted. While they say that she was smarter than she appeared to be, I am saying that that is not saying much. I don't think she was bright at all. And I think she made her choices solely on wanting attention for herself. She married an old man. She became rich. She had a baby and had no idea who the father was. And the men keep popping up even after her death volleying for the role.

I guess I think that in the United States of America, we all have the privileges of getting some education - that would include from books, from church, from life experiences - and that we learn from it all. And at some point you learn to stand on your own 2 feet and take on responsibility for your life and your choices.

There is a precious baby girl somewhere out there - Bahamas last I heard - who would make some barren couple hysterically happy to have her in their lives. As it is, this poor child has little chance for growing up in an environment different than that of her mother's.

I am saddened when I realize what a sick world we live in. Sometimes these outside events burst in on my private little world, and I realize just how bad it is out there. My heart is heavy when I think about what God must think about His world and His creation. And when I think that all of us in America know about God and that the good old USA is not a mission field, I realize that I am so wrong. You don't have to go to Thailand or South Africa or Moldova... you have people who need the Lord right here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she never explored her inner self or got any sense of inner peace. I think if you focus on how bad the world is, you will get more bad. I think God knew when He sent Jesus how bad the world could and would get, that's why this isn't heaven and that's why we need a Savior. Danilynn has great potential to have a different life if she chooses to focus on different things than ANS did.