Friday, August 11, 2006

Ta-Dah! The 2006 Williamson County Fair

Bob and I went to the fair last night. The sky was overcast, threatening rain, but that made it cooler, so we decided to go. (And we did NOT want to go Friday night or Saturday.)

Bob managed to get an ear of roasted corn and I got a funnel cake in time to go flying into the amphitheater to escape the falling rain. It was Grand Ol' Opry night. LOUD is the best thing I could say about that. Plus it was SO hot in there.

Rain lets up... We walk out and about... Bob wants to see the animals. I hate the animals. Okay, sorry, God... I don't hate the animals, but they stink. There is nothing more disgusting to me than to see the animals with all their body parts hanging out for all to see, and smelling them in such a hot, closed-in place, where you are walking shoulder to shoulder with people, and moms are running strollers of screaming kids into all kinds of things, including my heels! My Granddaddy would be disappointed in me. He loved his land, and his cows. But he was raised in the country, and I am a city girl. I will have to say that the baby goats were real cute. And we saw some man shear a sheep. A young teenaged girl narrated the process. They say that shearing a sheep doesn't hurt (how would they know?!). Did you know though that you have to keep the sheep on his back while shearing, because if it gets even 1 paw down on the ground, he can stand up (and run off)? I will have to say, that I did admire God's creation when I got to the roosters. You know what a rooster looks like. Well maybe you do, and maybe you don't, because there were all colors-red, white, brown, black-even leopard-skin-like, and sizes-big and small, and some that had puffy feet, and some with plumes on their head, and on and on... Only our God could create them so different and so unique.

You know on GREEN ACRES they say "Keep Manhattan and give me that countryside"? Well Lynda says, "Keep the country and take me ocean-side!"

No comments: