Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Big Mouth

Okay... there's this female person at church. I work with her, kind of...from a distance...AND she is in my SS class... For whatever reason, we didn't get off to a good start, and months later, it is only minutely better. I seem to stick my foot in my mouth every time we are together. She is beautiful...absolutely beautiful... Young (30?), long dark hair, tanned skin... like I would love to look. It's not her looks that put me off, although sometimes that happens to me. I wondered this morning, if I should just say, did you know that you are beautiful?? But I figured she would think I was even dumber than she already does! She tried to help me out once by email, only to find that I wasn't the Linda who needed help. I don't think I responded very well. (Why not?!) She is SO quiet. At our SS party, she sat at another table. Was that to get away from me? And then this morning, she helped me out with something, and along the way in the SS lesson, I then stuck my foot in my mouth...not once, but twice! What is WRONG with me? I wanted to say, could we like, start all over again? I really like you...I don't know what the problem is... Instead, I just hurry on out of the room, down the hallway, and hope that God takes my mouth over the next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you tell her you think she is beautiful> She would love that- as long as you didn't look at her like you were gay or something. 2 men today told me how gorgeous I was, and even though they were homeless and old, I still liked it. Point being -it SOMETIMES doesn't matter who says it to you, it feels good!!!